Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a little rant

So ... I need to rant about Beyonce's & R. Kelly's remix of If I Were a Boy.

I hate this version. I actually hate this with a passion.
Have you heard it? Have you read the lyrics? Ok read this part that R. Kelly sings in response to Beyonce's lyrics:

If you were a boy
then girl you'd understand
you need to stop listening to your friends
love, respect and trust your man

So I go to clubs with the guys
and sometimes flirt with the girls
I should be able to roll out
as long as I'm coming home to you
and give you the world

But you're not a boy
so you don't have a clue
How I work and pay the bills
girl and everything I do is for you


What is this? Is this a guy's need to defend himself against a woman's confrontation about his lifestyle? I honestly like the idea beyond Beyonce's song because it shows how guys can mistreat girls, especially in today's sex-driven, proud culture of ours. But here we have R. Kelly singing about how girls just don't understand how guys can do their thing and flirt with other girls as long as they're coming home to you? WHAT? WHAT?! Seriously. Does that sound ridiculous to anyone else? Ok rant over. Guys are silly.

1 comment:

  1. umm, you need to direct your rant to better music. yeah, that'd be the solution. =) i miss you. can i hang out with you soon? and sorry, no more pie. but i could be nice and make some more.

    ReplyDelete